- Jesse: No, no you don't have to apologize. Trust me, I understand. I've had many moments where I couldn't wrap my mind around things. What you're experiencing is completely normal... I just wish I could fix it somehow.
- Skylar: I worked so hard...I did everything right, I know I did!
- Jesse: I just... wanted to do something to make you feel better. I was feeling a little helpless.
- Skylar: Thank you...ice cream sounds lovely...
- Skylar: I'm sorry...I just...I keep trying to wrap my mind around this and it...I don't know how
- Jesse: I love you. I went to get you ice cream, and I'll be home soon.
- Skylar: Alright....Atticus is keeping me company.
You and I are going to deal with your mother together, later, alright? I’m taking you home to my apartment and we’re going to talk about this. Your family can wait to butt in later.
Just… stay there, alright? I’ll be right there.
O-Okay…Jesse…what do I tell Mama? I can’t…I don’t…it feels like I can’t breathe…
Oh, Sky… What can I do? Are you still at the theater?
Yeah…I didn’t really know where else to go…everyone else is gone but I just…I couldn’t
Sky? Sweetheart, what happened? I was just about to head to the theater to get you…
I…I didn’t get a letter. I…didn’t get in.